Zan-Kai Chong received his electronics engineering degree (majoring in Computer) and Master in Engineering Science degree from Multimedia University, Cyberjaya, Malaysia in 2006 and 2010 respectively. He completed PhD in Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia in 2016. He worked as assistant professor in Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering Science, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia for seven years. Then, he joined Axiata Digital as data scientist in 2017.
My UTAR portal can be found here.
- Sin-Ran Chong, An-Chow Lai, Zan-Kai Chong. Improve the Decoding Process of Rateless Erasure Code and Network Coding with Graphics Processing Unit in IoT. IEEE International Conference on Advances in Electrical, Electronic, and System Engineering (ICAEESE), pp. 436-439, 2016.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Bryan Ng, Bok-Min Goi, Hong-Tat Ewe, Sin-Ran Chong. Improving Reliable Transmission Throughput with Systematic Random Code. IEEE 41st Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN), pp. 539-542, 2016.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Bok-Min Goi, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Cheng-Kuan Bryan Ng, and Hong-Tat Ewe. Improving the Probability of Complete Decoding of Random Code by Trading-off Computational Complexity. IET Communications, 9(18), pp. 2281-2286, 2015.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Bok-Min Goi, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Bryan Cheng-Kuan Ng, and Hong-Tat Ewe. Systematic Rateless Erasure Code for Short Messages Transmission. Computers & Electrical Engineering, Vol. 45, pp. 55-67, 2015.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Bok-Min Goi, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Bryan Cheng-Kuan Ng, and Hong-Tat Ewe. Probability of Complete Decoding of Random Codes for Short Messages. Electronics Letters, 51(3), pp. 251 – 253, 2015.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Bok-Min Goi, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Cheng-Kuan Bryan Ng and Hong-Tat Ewe. Stepping-Random Code: A Rateless Erasure Code for Short-Length Messages. IEICE Transactions on Communications. Vol.E96-B, No.07, pp. 1764-1771, 2013.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Bok-Min Goi, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Cheng-Kuan Bryan Ng and Hong-Tat Ewe. Design of Short-Length Message Fountain Code for Erasure Channel Transmission. The Third IEEE Conference on Sustainable Utilization and Development in Engineering and Technology (STUDENT), 2012.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Bok-Min Goi, Hong-Tat Ewe, Su-Wei Tan and Cheng-Kuan Bryan Ng. Impact of Fountain-based Protocol in the Uncongested and Congested Network. International Conference on Computer and Information Sciences (ICCIS), 2012.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Hiroyuki Ohsaki, Bok-Min Goi, Hong-Tat Ewe and Cheng-Kuan Bryan Ng. Performance Analysis of Fountain-based Protocol in CSMA/CA Wireless Networks. The 12th IEEE/IPSJ International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT), 2012.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Su-Wei Tan, Bok-Min Goi, Bryan Cheng-Kuan Ng. Outwitting Smart Selfish Nodes in Wireless Mesh Networks. International Journal of Communication Systems, 2011.
- Zan-Kai Chong. Selfish Nodes Detection Mechanism in Wireless Mesh Networks. Master Thesis. Multimedia University, 2010.
- Zan-Kai Chong, Moh-Lim Sim, Hong-Tat Ewe and Su-Wei Tan. Separation of Detection Authorities (SDA) Approach for Misbehavior Detection in Wireless Ad Hoc Network. Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), 4, 891-895, 2009.
- Kheng-Kait Lim, Zan-Kai Chong, Reza Khoshdelniat, Moh-Lim Sim, and Hong-Tat Ewe. Paddy Growth Monitoring with Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced System, 966-970, 2007.
- Improving Energy Efficiency of Mobile Wireless Sensor Networks with Locally Decodable Code, UTARRF 2016 – 2017.
- Improving Performance of Rateless Erasure Code with Computer Accelerator, UTARRF 2015 – 2016.
- Transmitting Long-Length Messages to Resource Constraint Mobile Computing Devices with Rateless Erasure Code, UTARRF 2014 – 2015.
- Reliable Data Transfer for High Altitude Platform (HAP)’s Wireless Access Networks, UTARRF 2013 – 2014.
- Evaluation Of The Performance Of Rateless Coded TCP In Small-Scale Networks., UTARRF, 2012 – 2013.
- Qos And Over-Provisioning In Backbone Network, UTARRF, 2011.
- Wireless Automatic Energy Meter Reading System – 2nd runner at Intel Cup 2006, Shanghai
- Home Guard Security System – Champion at NS-MMU Annual Innovative Project Competition, 2001
- Remote Robotic Sentinel (R2S) – Consolation prize at NS-MMU Annual Innovative Project Competition, 2004
- Digital Automotive Monitoring Module – Consolation Prize at NS-MMU Annual Innovative Project Competition, 2003